You Wonder If Your Relationship is Broken
Communication has broken down to the point that it can feel like a minefield when you try to talk. As you grow increasingly distant, neither of you feels appreciated nor understood. You both feel alone, not knowing how to connect and feeling hopeless.
Thoughts of “I am not good enough”, “I am going to end up alone”, “My partner isn’t there for me” or “Our relationship just can’t be fixed” swim in your head.
You Want a Healthy Relationship
You long for easy communication again, so you feel heard and understood by your partner, able to resolve conflicts effectively, and experiencing mutual respect. Naturally, you want to feel connected emotionally, knowing your partner ‘has your back’ and that you are on the same team. And you wish for a physical connection that feels fun and welcomed.
I Can Help You Feel Emotionally Connected Again
My Private Retreats are based on the well-researched “Hold Me Tight®” treatment protocol that is based on Dr. Sue Johnson’s best-seller “Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love”. Over two days, I teach you communication strategies and relationship skills so you feel heard and understood by your partner.
Although “Hold Me Tight®” is commonly done in a workshop format. I have had improved success in a private couples retreat format as you receive my complete attention and I can adjust our treatment to your relationship’s needs, in the moment.
“Hold Me Tight®” is Evidence-based and Successful
Dr. Sue Johnson developed Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT). EFT has a 90% success rate at reducing distress in couples. Based on her research, she determined that successful couples benefit from engaging in specific seven conversations. These conversations are now the basis of her Workshop protocol, “Hold Me Tight®”.
Here is a helpful podcast with Dr. Sue Johnson. In it she speaks specifically about the science and philosophy behind EFT and “Hold Me Tight®”.
I Want to Hear Your Side
Your relationship is unique. I want to hear your story and the problems you’re experiencing in your relationship.
Private Couples and Marriage Retreats cost more, so you can expect more. One of the bonuses of this option is an individual session with each person prior to your Retreat. During that individual session (held in-office or over video), we get to know one another. This is the time when I address your worries and hear your personal struggles.
As a couples coach, it’s important to me that you get what you need from your couples retreat. This is your chance to help me understand what that is for you personally.
No Two Private Couples Retreats Are Alike
Private Couples and Marriage Retreats are just that–private. All my attention is focused on you and your relationship.
Based on your intakes and private individual sessions, I craft a Retreat that is designed uniquely for your relationship. Perhaps there are some longstanding injuries we need to address; patterns of conflict that require extra attention, or so much distance that we need to gently and cautiously open up communication.
A couple that is smoothing out edges prior to marriage will have very different needs and goals compared to a couple that has become ‘roommates’ and is considering divorce. “Hold Me Tight®” Private Couples and Marriage Retreats give you and your relationship the time, attention and skills to address the changes that need to happen.
I had high expectations, maybe higher than most and they were definitely met. What exceeded was how you were really able to custom tailor the Workshop…I like how you were able to adjust on the fly. Your level of engagement is very different than a typical couples therapy session. Here, you are able to dig in and you are PRESENT… This helped us resolve longstanding issues that weren’t resolving themselves and were pushing us further apart. You were able to get right into it and solve it”Todd, Private HMT attendee, 2019
A Worthwhile Investment of Time and Money
You are considering investing a chunk of time and money into this; you want it to be worth it. Part of you wonders, “If we break up anyways, will this be a waste?”
I get that concern; I have heard it from many successful couples, prior to their attending one of my Private Retreats. It is a sound investment of your time and money on a variety of levels.
Maximize Your Success
- My “Hold Me Tight®” Private Couples Retreats are designed to maximize your ability to succeed. The individual sessions, personalized content, and follow-up supports set you up for success like no other retreats in the New England area.
Tools That Help ALL Your Relationships
- This Retreat gives you tools that extend past your relationship with your partner. You will be learning tools in this Retreat that you will carry the rest of your life. Your understanding of yourself and how people relate will impact your connections with your children, family, peers, and others for years after your weekend. That understanding is priceless.
Results That Last
- This costs the equivalent of a ‘feel-good weekend‘, but gives results that last. So many couples spend thousands for the ‘perfect weekend escape’, hoping to rekindle the connection. As fantastic as those weekends may be, reality comes back soon after the bags are unpacked. My Private Couples Retreat is an opportunity to ‘get away’ with the benefit of actually bringing home memories, insights and tools to sustain your connection long after the weekend.
The Need to Get This ‘Right’
You may have been hurting a long time and are motivated to do something. Whatever you do, it needs to be the best possible option. You realize this relationship may not last long enough for a second chance if what you do now doesn’t work.
Hold Me Tight® Private Couples Retreats provide the best of the best. Quick results, well-researched, personally designed for your relationship, flexible and supported with follow-ups. There are no guarantees in life, but I can promise that during your Private Retreat, you will:
- communicate to a depth you have not experienced with your partner before.
- understand what is happening behind the conflicts and how to stop them.
- connect with your partner in an amazing and authentic manner.
- address and repair hurts that have seemed impossible to heal.
Private Couples Retreats are the Way to Get it Right
I thought we would leave here with tools, but not with this renewal…this awakening. I feel like we made huge strides…a deeper connection. This is an investment, it’s a lifetime investment. It’s the best investment I have ever made.”Savannah, Private HMT attendee, 2019
What Do We Receive During a “Hold Me Tight®” Couples Retreat?
During the Private Retreat
- 2 individual sessions prior to your Retreat
- Uniquely designed retreat based on your needs and goals
- 14 hours of my one-on-one attention
- A “Hold Me Tight®” workbook with exercises to take home with you
- Summary of strategies specifically matched to your relationship
- Structured practice of relationship tools
- Beverages and snacks both days
After the Private Retreat
- Follow-up email
- Follow-up 1 hour video session
- Exclusive access to subsequent coaching or therapy with me
- Optional 4-page summary shared with yourselves and your providers
- Special gift to take home to help you connect after the Workshop
- Ongoing bi-weekly emails with tips/tools to help your relationship
- Exclusive membership in my private “Hold Me Tight®” Alumnae group on Facebook where you have access to me, my assistant, and other couples who have attended my “Hold Me Tight®” Workshops or Private Retreats.
The Details of the Couples Retreats
How Long is the Couples Retreat?
Two days: generally Friday/Saturday or Saturday/Sunday 9-4. Plus 2 individual sessions scheduled before the Retreat and 1 follow-up session scheduled after the Retreat. (Lunch is 45 minutes both days, on your own, with optional ‘homework’).
It’s 17 hours in total; equaling 4 months of therapy.
How are the individual sessions scheduled?
After I receive your deposit, I will contact each of you to schedule your separate 50-minute individual session to discuss your relationship. We may do these in my office or over video.
Do you have other scheduling options?
Yes. Share your scheduling needs and we will try to find something that works for all of us.
Where does the Private Couples Retreat occur?
In my colonial home, located in Springfield, Massachusetts.
The Private Retreat has dedicated space in the house so that it’s comfortable and private. You do not stay overnight; the Retreat is just during the two days.
Are you able to come to us or to another location?
Possibly. I have created Retreats with couples as ‘getaways’ in romantic locations. My travel, lodging costs and a per diem surcharge are added to the total when choosing this option.
If you can afford the Private Couples Retreat, I would recommend it.
“Hold Me Tight®” is a registered trademark to Sue Johnson